Last updated: 5/27/2020
We are CO2 Capsol AS, a corporation established in Norway with registered office at Nobels gate 10, 0273 Oslo.
We are committed to protecting your personal data, being transparent about our collection and use of your personal data, and respecting your privacy.
What types of personal data do we collect?
“Personal Data” is any information that identifies an individual or can be used to help identify an individual; including,
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Social media account ID
In addition you may give us personal data including; personal description, interests in the topics we cover and products that we provide, employment information for recruitment - job title, company name, work contact details and previous roles.
We would ask you to ensure that the personal data that you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any of you personal data.
How do we collect Personal Data?
We only ever collect the personal data that we need from you and keep the personal data we hold on an ongoing basis to a minimum.
We collect and process your personal data when you engage with us for the provision of our products and services, when you use our site, when you request additional information about us or our product, email us through our contact form, or when you apply for career opportunities with CO2 Capsol AS. We may also collect your Personal Data from you offline, e.g when attending a seminar, conference, trade show, or correspond with us by phone or otherwise.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We and our service providers use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes including:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with additional information/news about our product and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you investor-related notifications and marketing related emails, with information about our product and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity with your consent.
- Analysis of Personal Data for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others and to analyse or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To ensure content from the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Data
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Data, so that they will no longer be considered Personal Data. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests;
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
How do we share your Personal Data?
We may share your information with our business partners for the purposes of providing our products and services to you and for other purposes as outlined below:
- Our selected third parties are required by us to treat your personal data as carefully as we would and may only act on our instructions with regard to their use of your personal data.
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Data
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Where do we store your Personal Data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, and processed in any country in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your data will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data.
The security of your Personal Data
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We make efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors and partners who need such access in order to operate, improve, or deliver our products and services
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
How long do we store your Personal Data?
We will retain Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
What are my rights about my Personal Data?
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive investor- or marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out by clicking the link at the bottom of one of our emails or by contacting us at: [email protected].
- Our sharing of your Personal Data with partners for their direct communication and marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Data on a going-forward basis with our partners for their communication and direct marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe of this sharing by contacting us at: [email protected].
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you unsubscribe of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot unsubscribe.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Data
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting them to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
Questions and complaints
In the event that you have a question about how we process your Personal Data or wish to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected] and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as practicable.
If you are an individual in the EU or EEA, you may also lodge a claim with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.
What if I am applying for a job at CO2 Capsol?
If you apply for an advertised position at CO2 Capsol, we will use the information you send us to assess your application. We may process information about you to assess your suitability for work and to determine whom we offer an employment contract to.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we delete your data after a period of six months. Sometimes, we may ask your permission to retain your details on file for a longer period.
What about privacy on other sites?
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Use of Services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
CO2 Capsol AS,
Nobels gate 10,
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.